Saturday, May 22, 2010

To Steve


Today I am saddened by the loss of one of my best friends. I met him the minute that I met my husband, as he arranged the meeting along with my sister. We were always close, but we had our moments of disagreements. The one thing that I will never forget about him was his loyalty to his friends. He loved his friends. He remembered so much about them from years ago. He and my husband were like brothers. He loved life and living it to the fullest. He set the bar high for keeping in good physical shape, although it's ironic that it was his own heart that turned on him and caused his death. He was stubborn and refused to believe he was sick. He walked the 5k in the Illinois Marathon because he felt like it! Regardless of the ups and downs that we may have experienced, he was always there for me, just as he was for his other friends. Rest in Peace, Steve, with that Big Harley in the sky! Miss you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment