Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sage advice



A good friend once gave me advice politically, but it has served me well lately. I hadn't really thought of it until right now when I've been thinking about how great the last couple of months have been for me. The advice was..."Don't let the highs be too high or the lows be too low." I haven't purposefully been aware of that, but now in retrospect it is true. Of course, there have been moments of disappointment, but the highs are definitely in control right now. What could I attribute this to? There are many, many things as I look back over the last couple of months. My relationships with people have expanded. Making new friends and reconnecting with old ones has made a positive difference. Family situations are stable. And serving others in the community is huge! I enjoy all my volunteer opportunities plus being able to serve the citizens of Champaign through the Council has brought so much to my life. I hope that I am giving back as much or more than what I am given (which has been so much)! It's hard for me not to let the highs take over and show my height of enthusiasm. So I'll try not to let them get too high. But it's a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment