Friday, August 27, 2010

Land of the Numb


"Land of the Numb" is a phrase that I read today that sparked a nerve with me. August has been an awesome month! I didn't really blog because everything was soooo great and I didn't want people to get tired of hearing it! I got to thinking why were things so positive, but, also, why did I sometimes get bogged down with the what ifs and whys and really?s. Then I saw these words, "Land of the Numb". I don't want to be in that Land. Numb is so nothing. I like feeling. I love life and experiencing all that it has to offer. I like being willing to open up to new experiences and stepping out of my comfort zone. I'm not ready to go skiing down Pike's Peak, but there are plenty of opportunities ahead! I like wanting to make a difference in lives and when that happens then my life is richer. You have to be able to open yourself up to those feelings and then be willing to be vulnerable. It's during those vulnerable times that the doubts and confusions set in. For me, I'll pass on "Land of the Numb" and live in the "Land of the Feeling"...

No comments:

Post a Comment